Sign up our newsletter

January 19, 2023

Ubisoft Collapses! Cancels ANOTHER Game As Massive Layoffs Are Coming & Stock Totally Tanks!

TheQuartering [1/19/2023]

According to IGN:

Ubisoft has confirmed that one of the games it cancelled last week was the mysterious Project Q, its online battle arena game.

Speaking to Eurogamer, a Ubisoft spokesperson said it was cancelling development on the game, which was only announced in April 2022, to focus on other projects.

It was one of three games cancelled by the Assassin’s Creed publisher last week to counter what it called “major challenges” of the industry, in a move that also saw Skull and Bones delayed for the sixth time.

“We can confirm we will no longer support the development of Project Q in order to focus on priority projects, to which our teams are being reallocated,” the spokesperson said.

Project Q was a “team battle arena” game that had several public testing periods planned that of course never came to fruition. A single image of the game was shared alongside its announcement, showing a handful of cartoon characters battling in what looks like New York City’s Central Park.

Very little else was known about the game, though it appeared to look somewhat similar to Fortnite despite Ubisoft making clear it wasn’t a Battle Royale.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.